NOGALES, Ariz. -— A Nogales firefighter is in critical condition
Saturday after a driver ran over him with an SUV in Tucson and fled the
The Nogales International reports
that firefighter Sterling Lytle was taken to University Medical Center in
Tucson with life-threatening injuries after he was run over in an
apparent confrontation Thursday.
Lytle was off duty at the time and remains in critical condition Saturday.
Tucson police say that witnesses reported that Lytle was a passenger in
a car driving down a Tucson wrote when an SUV pulled up behind the
car and began flashing its lights and honking its horn.
The driver of the car Lytle was in pulled into a parking lot. When Lytle
got out of the car to speak with the driver of the SUV, the driver ran him
over and fled.
Lytle has been with Nogales fire since Nov. 28, 2011.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night