QUEEN CREEK, Ariz. -— Authorities say a Queen Creek man
has been charged in an animal cruelty case.
Detectives from the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Animal
Crimes Unit arrested 59-year-old Ronnie Hayes at his home
They say one dead dog and one severely dehydrated dog were
found in Hayes’ property.
The animals were left without food or water in 110-degree
Detectives say Hayes told them he last saw the dogs about
7 p.m. Wednesday and they both seemed fine.
He also said he provided food every other day and water
daily although detectives found no evidence of water in or
near the enclosures.
The dog that was found alive was taken to an animal
Hayes now is out of jail and awaiting a future court date
on two counts of animal cruelty.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon