A naked man who stole a car from a Prescott campground early Friday morning has been arrested, police said.
According to the Sedona Times, 27-year-old Calvin Forrey stole the red Jeep from the Prescott Arizona Lynx Lake campground about 8:00 a.m. Friday.
Officers received a call from the victim who said a man “on drugs and out of his mind” had stolen his Jeep. Minutes later, the victim heard his car crash.
Deputies responded to the presumed location of the crash, where the Forrey’s pit bull bit an officer. The dog was shot and killed.
Forrey was subdued with the use of an electric stun gun and taken into custody. He is currently in the intensive care unit.
The bitten deputy was treated and is expected to be fine.
Forrey had admitted to police in a prior contact that he was addicted to bath salts. It is unknown if he was on drugs during Friday’s incident.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments