A shooting outside a Starbucks coffee shop around 11:30
a.m. in north Phoenix resulted in one man being seriously
Police said someone in an older silver Cadillac pointed a gun at the victim and ordered him into the vehicle. The suspect then demanded his property. The victim was able to escape somehow and that is when he was shot numerous times.
According to Phoenix Police spokesman James Holmes, at least
three shots were fired and the 23-year-old
male is now in
surgery and fighting for his life. He was with his
girlfriend at the time of the shooting.
“I really can’t believe this man survived,” said witness Laura Svihula. “He was not in good condition at all.”
Svihula said she thought the gunshots were fireworks going off, until authorities began to arrive.
“And then all kinds of police came and just packed everything in,” she said. “Right in front of me, right there was this man, on his knees and bleeding profusely. I mean I’ve never seen so much blood in my life.”
Holmes said it doesn’t appear that the victim and suspect know each other.
The shooter is still at large and is believed to have driven
away in the Cadillac.
The vehicle was described as being a late 1970s to early 1980s model Cadillac with a silver body and white roof. The windows are darkly tinted and a driver’s side window is broken.
The store near the Loop 101 and 31st Avenue is now closed
police are talking with witnesses.
Anyone with information on the crime is asked to call (480) WITNESS.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them