A shooting outside a Starbucks coffee shop around 11:30
a.m. in north Phoenix resulted in one man being seriously
Police said someone in an older silver Cadillac pointed a gun at the victim and ordered him into the vehicle. The suspect then demanded his property. The victim was able to escape somehow and that is when he was shot numerous times.
According to Phoenix Police spokesman James Holmes, at least
three shots were fired and the 23-year-old
male is now in
surgery and fighting for his life. He was with his
girlfriend at the time of the shooting.
“I really can’t believe this man survived,” said witness Laura Svihula. “He was not in good condition at all.”
Svihula said she thought the gunshots were fireworks going off, until authorities began to arrive.
“And then all kinds of police came and just packed everything in,” she said. “Right in front of me, right there was this man, on his knees and bleeding profusely. I mean I’ve never seen so much blood in my life.”
Holmes said it doesn’t appear that the victim and suspect know each other.
The shooter is still at large and is believed to have driven
away in the Cadillac.
The vehicle was described as being a late 1970s to early 1980s model Cadillac with a silver body and white roof. The windows are darkly tinted and a driver’s side window is broken.
The store near the Loop 101 and 31st Avenue is now closed
police are talking with witnesses.
Anyone with information on the crime is asked to call (480) WITNESS.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night