A shooting outside a Starbucks coffee shop around 11:30
a.m. in north Phoenix resulted in one man being seriously
Police said someone in an older silver Cadillac pointed a gun at the victim and ordered him into the vehicle. The suspect then demanded his property. The victim was able to escape somehow and that is when he was shot numerous times.
According to Phoenix Police spokesman James Holmes, at least
three shots were fired and the 23-year-old
male is now in
surgery and fighting for his life. He was with his
girlfriend at the time of the shooting.
“I really can’t believe this man survived,” said witness Laura Svihula. “He was not in good condition at all.”
Svihula said she thought the gunshots were fireworks going off, until authorities began to arrive.
“And then all kinds of police came and just packed everything in,” she said. “Right in front of me, right there was this man, on his knees and bleeding profusely. I mean I’ve never seen so much blood in my life.”
Holmes said it doesn’t appear that the victim and suspect know each other.
The shooter is still at large and is believed to have driven
away in the Cadillac.
The vehicle was described as being a late 1970s to early 1980s model Cadillac with a silver body and white roof. The windows are darkly tinted and a driver’s side window is broken.
The store near the Loop 101 and 31st Avenue is now closed
police are talking with witnesses.
Anyone with information on the crime is asked to call (480) WITNESS.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments