A shooting outside a Starbucks coffee shop around 11:30
a.m. in north Phoenix resulted in one man being seriously
Police said someone in an older silver Cadillac pointed a gun at the victim and ordered him into the vehicle. The suspect then demanded his property. The victim was able to escape somehow and that is when he was shot numerous times.
According to Phoenix Police spokesman James Holmes, at least
three shots were fired and the 23-year-old
male is now in
surgery and fighting for his life. He was with his
girlfriend at the time of the shooting.
“I really can’t believe this man survived,” said witness Laura Svihula. “He was not in good condition at all.”
Svihula said she thought the gunshots were fireworks going off, until authorities began to arrive.
“And then all kinds of police came and just packed everything in,” she said. “Right in front of me, right there was this man, on his knees and bleeding profusely. I mean I’ve never seen so much blood in my life.”
Holmes said it doesn’t appear that the victim and suspect know each other.
The shooter is still at large and is believed to have driven
away in the Cadillac.
The vehicle was described as being a late 1970s to early 1980s model Cadillac with a silver body and white roof. The windows are darkly tinted and a driver’s side window is broken.
The store near the Loop 101 and 31st Avenue is now closed
police are talking with witnesses.
Anyone with information on the crime is asked to call (480) WITNESS.
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match