PHOENIX — Local businesses are having a big ‘independents week’ sale in an effort to boost awareness of.
“It’s basically a weeklong campaign dedicated to support our local businesses during the long summer months,” said Erica Pederson of Local First Arizona of next week’s event.
“That’s the time when many Arizona businesses struggle because many consumers probably think it’s too hot to go out to shop, or they leave the state completely.”
Pederson said a lot of businesses around the state are taking part. “Right now there about 170,” said Pederson, but that number is expected to grow.
Many of the businesses will accept the “golden coupon,” which equals 20 percent off towards purchases, said Pederson.
Coupons are available at Local First AZ’s website.
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise