A Supreme Court decision on SB 1070 is not expected until at least Monday.
Opponents of the law said they’ll protest in front of the Phoenix offices of Immigration and Customs Enforcement if the court rules in favor of the law.
The leader of the Immigrant Advocacy Foundation, Carlos Galindo, in Phoenix said he’s getting texts that show that those protests could be violent.
Galindo was especially shocked by one that read “Get ready for war against these haters! If SB 1070 passes, it will be Hell on Earth! Get armed and be ready on the street.”
Galindo hopes the protests will be peaceful.
“I am asking for calm,” he said. “I’m telling people, ‘You need to conscious that you have to deal with this in a responsible manner.'”
Galindo is also pleading with illegal immigrants to stay in Arizona if the court approves the bill. He said the state’s economy could not withstand another mass exodus of immigrants out of Arizona.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths