A Supreme Court decision on SB 1070 is not expected until at least Monday.
Opponents of the law said they’ll protest in front of the Phoenix offices of Immigration and Customs Enforcement if the court rules in favor of the law.
The leader of the Immigrant Advocacy Foundation, Carlos Galindo, in Phoenix said he’s getting texts that show that those protests could be violent.
Galindo was especially shocked by one that read “Get ready for war against these haters! If SB 1070 passes, it will be Hell on Earth! Get armed and be ready on the street.”
Galindo hopes the protests will be peaceful.
“I am asking for calm,” he said. “I’m telling people, ‘You need to conscious that you have to deal with this in a responsible manner.'”
Galindo is also pleading with illegal immigrants to stay in Arizona if the court approves the bill. He said the state’s economy could not withstand another mass exodus of immigrants out of Arizona.
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever