A Supreme Court decision on SB 1070 is not expected until at least Monday.
Opponents of the law said they’ll protest in front of the Phoenix offices of Immigration and Customs Enforcement if the court rules in favor of the law.
The leader of the Immigrant Advocacy Foundation, Carlos Galindo, in Phoenix said he’s getting texts that show that those protests could be violent.
Galindo was especially shocked by one that read “Get ready for war against these haters! If SB 1070 passes, it will be Hell on Earth! Get armed and be ready on the street.”
Galindo hopes the protests will be peaceful.
“I am asking for calm,” he said. “I’m telling people, ‘You need to conscious that you have to deal with this in a responsible manner.'”
Galindo is also pleading with illegal immigrants to stay in Arizona if the court approves the bill. He said the state’s economy could not withstand another mass exodus of immigrants out of Arizona.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon