COTTONWOOD, Ariz. – Authorities in northern Arizona say a man fatally shot
himself after robbing a credit union in Cottonwood.
Cottonwood police received a call from a Credit Union West employee shortly
before 1 p.m. Thursday who said the credit union had been robbed at a gunpoint
and the robber had fled on foot.
Police say the employee gave a description of the robber.
Officers later responded to a report of a man with a rifle jumping over the
fence onto a homeowner’s property.
Police say they saw a man running through a field and asked him to show his
hands, but the man turned the gun on himself.
Authorities say the name of the 38-year-old man is being withheld until his
relatives can be notified.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America