PHOENIX — A Phoenix school district and Maricopa County officials have
agreed to end a joint teacher-incentive program.
The Arizona Republic reported the county Board of
Supervisors voted Wednesday to stop using federal funds to reward and train
educators in the Phoenix Union High School District.
The county has more than $51 million from a federal Teacher Incentive Fund for
evaluating and rewarding teachers and principals in all six districts it
oversees. The district’s portion will go back to the federal government.
District Superintendent Kent Scribner said teachers in his district want
incentives for departments or groups rather than individual incentives, which
the county’s program requires.
Scribner said the district will apply for a U.S. Department of Education Race
to the Top grant.
The agreement will end Aug. 5.
Information from: The Arizona Republic, http://www.azcentral.com
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets