FLORENCE, Ariz. — State health officials said a Florence hospital failed to
notify them in advance that the facility was shutting its doors for good.
The Arizona Republic reports the Arizona Department of
Health Services said Wednesday it is considering whether to pursue any
enforcement action against Florence Community Hospital.
The agency said it learned of the 23-bed hospital’s closure on the day it took
place. Arizona law requires state-licensed hospitals notify the health
department 30 days before closing.
Florence Mayor Tom Rankin said the hospital closed Monday because of a lack of
Representatives for Florence Community Healthcare did not return interview
The Pinal County hospital opened in July 2010 and employed 150 people.
Officials have verified the hospital’s patients were transferred to other
Information from: The Arizona Republic, http://www.azcentral.com
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon