Switching to a new cellphone carrier can cost as much
as $35 per line just to activate the new wireless plan,
according to Kiplinger.com. Other fees can
add up to hundreds, as well. But there are ways to save.
For a family with four lines, that $35 activation fee adds
up to $140. If customers threaten to leave, however, the
salesman might waive the fee or let them know when
promotions are available, allowing them to sign up without
activation fees, according to the article.
The cost for terminating a contract early can cost around
$350, according to the article. Customers can negotiate to
make the cancellation fee smaller or get rid of it
completely. People with good reasons for cancelling, such
as moving out of the country, are more likely to succeed.
If that doesn’t work, people can always try selling their
contracts on celltradeusa.com.
Most of the major cellphone providers charge about $20 a
month for unlimited text messaging, but there’s also a way
around that fee. Consumers with iPhones or Androids can
bypass the monthly texting bill by downloading the
Textfree app, according to Kiplinger. The app lets users
send and receive text and picture messages for free over a
Wi-Fi or data connection. That will save $240 a year.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon