PHOENIX — Arizona’s medical-marijuana program is becoming popular with people running similar dispensaries in other states.
Among the applicants to dole out medical marijuana in Arizona is a family operated dispensary in Washington state. Medical marijuana attorney Ryan Hurley of the Rose Law Group said Arizona’s tough requirements has dispensaries itching to set up shop here.
“Gives them a certainty with regard to their investment. In California, for example, it’s difficult for them to know when they’re complying
with the law because there’s a complete absence of regulation,” Hurley said.
He said successfully running a medical-marijuana dispensary in another state will not give out-of-staters a leg up here in the application process, but it does give them an experience advantage over first-time dispensaries
“There’s a lot of nuances in this industry, from the federal legal risk to deduct items from taxes. If you’ve had that experience you’re going into this with your eyes more wide open.”
The first medical-marijuana dispensary in Arizona should be in operation in the fall.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments