PHOENIX — Arizona’s medical-marijuana program is becoming popular with people running similar dispensaries in other states.
Among the applicants to dole out medical marijuana in Arizona is a family operated dispensary in Washington state. Medical marijuana attorney Ryan Hurley of the Rose Law Group said Arizona’s tough requirements has dispensaries itching to set up shop here.
“Gives them a certainty with regard to their investment. In California, for example, it’s difficult for them to know when they’re complying
with the law because there’s a complete absence of regulation,” Hurley said.
He said successfully running a medical-marijuana dispensary in another state will not give out-of-staters a leg up here in the application process, but it does give them an experience advantage over first-time dispensaries
“There’s a lot of nuances in this industry, from the federal legal risk to deduct items from taxes. If you’ve had that experience you’re going into this with your eyes more wide open.”
The first medical-marijuana dispensary in Arizona should be in operation in the fall.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development