PHOENIX — Maricopa County officials have approved a budget which includes
millions of dollars for employee bonuses.
The Arizona Republic reported the Maricopa County Board
of Supervisors unanimously adopted a $2.3 billion budget Monday. The budget
earmarks $15.3 million in contingency funds for work bonuses while the county
starts a fifth year without giving merit-based raises.
Deputy county budget director Sandi Wilson said while other jurisdictions are
handing out raises, Maricopa County simply doesn’t have the money now.
Officials said the fiscal 2013 budget is about $72 million less than the
previous year. They said revenue is likely to be $66 million lower. The board
opted not to raise property taxes.
Maricopa County’s revenue is generated mostly from sales taxes, car-license
taxes, property taxes and other fees.
Information from: The Arizona Republic, http://www.azcentral.com
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon