PHOENIX — A new sentencing date has been set for a man who admitted to
participating in a gun smuggling ring that was being monitored as part of the
federal government’s botched investigation known as Operation Fast and Furious.
The sentencing date for Dejan Hercegovac was moved from June 25 to Aug. 13.
Hercegovac had pleaded guilty in April to a charge of conspiracy.
He admitted buying 31 guns for the ring and saying that the guns were for him
when he was actually making the purchases on behalf of the ring.
He faces a maximum sentence of five years in prison.
Federal authorities have faced criticism for allowing suspected straw gun
buyers to walk away from gun shops with weapons, rather than arrest the suspects
and seize the guns there.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon