LAS VEGAS — Police and family members of an Arizona woman say the 22-
year-old pre-med student fell to her death from her Las Vegas Strip hotel
room after taking Ecstasy.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that Emily McCaughan died early
Monday after falling from the 27th floor at the Circus Circus hotel to a roof on
the third floor.
Family spokeswoman Mignonne Walstad says McCaughan panicked after
taking the drug and went back to the hotel without her friends.
The Review-Journal says a Clark County medical examiner confirmed
McCaughan’s death on Friday but hadn’t announced an official cause of death.
Police on Saturday were still investigating the circumstances of her fall.
McCaughan was a student at the University of Arizona. Her family held a
memorial service for her in Scottsdale on Saturday.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development