LAS VEGAS — Police and family members of an Arizona woman say the 22-
year-old pre-med student fell to her death from her Las Vegas Strip hotel
room after taking Ecstasy.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that Emily McCaughan died early
Monday after falling from the 27th floor at the Circus Circus hotel to a roof on
the third floor.
Family spokeswoman Mignonne Walstad says McCaughan panicked after
taking the drug and went back to the hotel without her friends.
The Review-Journal says a Clark County medical examiner confirmed
McCaughan’s death on Friday but hadn’t announced an official cause of death.
Police on Saturday were still investigating the circumstances of her fall.
McCaughan was a student at the University of Arizona. Her family held a
memorial service for her in Scottsdale on Saturday.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy