LAS VEGAS — Police and family members of an Arizona woman say the 22-
year-old pre-med student fell to her death from her Las Vegas Strip hotel
room after taking Ecstasy.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that Emily McCaughan died early
Monday after falling from the 27th floor at the Circus Circus hotel to a roof on
the third floor.
Family spokeswoman Mignonne Walstad says McCaughan panicked after
taking the drug and went back to the hotel without her friends.
The Review-Journal says a Clark County medical examiner confirmed
McCaughan’s death on Friday but hadn’t announced an official cause of death.
Police on Saturday were still investigating the circumstances of her fall.
McCaughan was a student at the University of Arizona. Her family held a
memorial service for her in Scottsdale on Saturday.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments