LAS VEGAS — Police and family members of an Arizona woman say the 22-
year-old pre-med student fell to her death from her Las Vegas Strip hotel
room after taking Ecstasy.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that Emily McCaughan died early
Monday after falling from the 27th floor at the Circus Circus hotel to a roof on
the third floor.
Family spokeswoman Mignonne Walstad says McCaughan panicked after
taking the drug and went back to the hotel without her friends.
The Review-Journal says a Clark County medical examiner confirmed
McCaughan’s death on Friday but hadn’t announced an official cause of death.
Police on Saturday were still investigating the circumstances of her fall.
McCaughan was a student at the University of Arizona. Her family held a
memorial service for her in Scottsdale on Saturday.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain