PEORIA, Ariz. — Peoria police chief says a police sergeant’s discipline was
warranted after he posted a photo of a bullet-riddled image of President
Barack Obama on Facebook and the move had nothing to do with retaliation.
Republic reports that Police Chief Roy Minter Jr. made the comments this
week during a public hearing for Pat Shearer who is appealing his two-week
suspension and demotion to officer.
Shearer, during the two-day hearing, alleged the chief had some past issues
with him, including that he’d once criticized Minter’s crime-tracking program.
Minter said that had no bearing on his decision.
The hearing officer now must make a recommendation to the city’s personnel
board, which has the final decision. That recommendation could come in a
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates