PEORIA, Ariz. — Peoria police chief says a police sergeant’s discipline was
warranted after he posted a photo of a bullet-riddled image of President
Barack Obama on Facebook and the move had nothing to do with retaliation.
Republic reports that Police Chief Roy Minter Jr. made the comments this
week during a public hearing for Pat Shearer who is appealing his two-week
suspension and demotion to officer.
Shearer, during the two-day hearing, alleged the chief had some past issues
with him, including that he’d once criticized Minter’s crime-tracking program.
Minter said that had no bearing on his decision.
The hearing officer now must make a recommendation to the city’s personnel
board, which has the final decision. That recommendation could come in a
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy