PEORIA, Ariz. — Peoria police chief says a police sergeant’s discipline was
warranted after he posted a photo of a bullet-riddled image of President
Barack Obama on Facebook and the move had nothing to do with retaliation.
Republic reports that Police Chief Roy Minter Jr. made the comments this
week during a public hearing for Pat Shearer who is appealing his two-week
suspension and demotion to officer.
Shearer, during the two-day hearing, alleged the chief had some past issues
with him, including that he’d once criticized Minter’s crime-tracking program.
Minter said that had no bearing on his decision.
The hearing officer now must make a recommendation to the city’s personnel
board, which has the final decision. That recommendation could come in a
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments