GILBERT, Ariz. — Gilbert has approved its finalized budget of nearly $448
million for the 2012-13 fiscal year.
The action was taken at a special Town Council meeting on Thursday.
The East Valley Tribune says Gilbert has established a
zero-based budget this year — taking into account the entire town’s spending
rather than an automatic “baseline” approval of previous years’ spending.
Sales tax is the largest contributor to the general fund, as revenue from sales
taxes has increased since the recession a few years ago.
Additional revenue that is higher than what it is expected to be maintained
has been put aside for one-time expenses so that Gilbert won’t become
dependent on that money.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees