Summer time generally means pool time, but the fun in the sun could turn tragic if a child is left unattended in the water.
Fulton Homes will be giving out helpful advice this weekend at Valley YMCAs on what to do if a child is drowning.
Tom Herrmann, with Fulton homes, said every family with a pool in the Valley needs to know how to properly perform CPR.
“The first thing that people are going to do is they’re going to go call 911, but you have those couple of minutes while you’re waiting for those experts to show up where you can provide CPR and revive somebody or help them, if help is possible,” he said.
According to Herrmann, 2012 has not been a safe year for people in general — but especially children — around water.
“There have been, as of June 6…58 water-related incidents in the Valley so far in 2012 and 44 of those have involved children,” he said.
The free advice sessions will take place at the YMCAs listed below from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Saturday.
• Ahwatukee Foothills Family YMCA
• Chandler/Gilbert Family YMCA
• Copper Basin Family YMCA
• Desert Foothills Family YMCA
• Glendale/Peoria Family YMCA
• Legacy Foundation-Chris Town YMCA
• Lincoln Family Downtown YMCA
• Maryvale Family YMCA
• Mesa Family YMCA
• Ross Farnsworth-East Valley YMCA
• Scottsdale/Paradise Valley Family YMCA
• South Mountain Family YMCA
• Southwest Valley Family YMCA
• Tempe Family YMCA
For more information on safety tips for your kids around water: fultontwoseconds.com
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl