Summer time generally means pool time, but the fun in the sun could turn tragic if a child is left unattended in the water.
Fulton Homes will be giving out helpful advice this weekend at Valley YMCAs on what to do if a child is drowning.
Tom Herrmann, with Fulton homes, said every family with a pool in the Valley needs to know how to properly perform CPR.
“The first thing that people are going to do is they’re going to go call 911, but you have those couple of minutes while you’re waiting for those experts to show up where you can provide CPR and revive somebody or help them, if help is possible,” he said.
According to Herrmann, 2012 has not been a safe year for people in general — but especially children — around water.
“There have been, as of June 6…58 water-related incidents in the Valley so far in 2012 and 44 of those have involved children,” he said.
The free advice sessions will take place at the YMCAs listed below from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Saturday.
• Ahwatukee Foothills Family YMCA
• Chandler/Gilbert Family YMCA
• Copper Basin Family YMCA
• Desert Foothills Family YMCA
• Glendale/Peoria Family YMCA
• Legacy Foundation-Chris Town YMCA
• Lincoln Family Downtown YMCA
• Maryvale Family YMCA
• Mesa Family YMCA
• Ross Farnsworth-East Valley YMCA
• Scottsdale/Paradise Valley Family YMCA
• South Mountain Family YMCA
• Southwest Valley Family YMCA
• Tempe Family YMCA
For more information on safety tips for your kids around water: fultontwoseconds.com
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development