Summer time generally means pool time, but the fun in the sun could turn tragic if a child is left unattended in the water.
Fulton Homes will be giving out helpful advice this weekend at Valley YMCAs on what to do if a child is drowning.
Tom Herrmann, with Fulton homes, said every family with a pool in the Valley needs to know how to properly perform CPR.
“The first thing that people are going to do is they’re going to go call 911, but you have those couple of minutes while you’re waiting for those experts to show up where you can provide CPR and revive somebody or help them, if help is possible,” he said.
According to Herrmann, 2012 has not been a safe year for people in general — but especially children — around water.
“There have been, as of June 6…58 water-related incidents in the Valley so far in 2012 and 44 of those have involved children,” he said.
The free advice sessions will take place at the YMCAs listed below from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Saturday.
• Ahwatukee Foothills Family YMCA
• Chandler/Gilbert Family YMCA
• Copper Basin Family YMCA
• Desert Foothills Family YMCA
• Glendale/Peoria Family YMCA
• Legacy Foundation-Chris Town YMCA
• Lincoln Family Downtown YMCA
• Maryvale Family YMCA
• Mesa Family YMCA
• Ross Farnsworth-East Valley YMCA
• Scottsdale/Paradise Valley Family YMCA
• South Mountain Family YMCA
• Southwest Valley Family YMCA
• Tempe Family YMCA
For more information on safety tips for your kids around water: fultontwoseconds.com
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy