Summer time generally means pool time, but the fun in the sun could turn tragic if a child is left unattended in the water.
Fulton Homes will be giving out helpful advice this weekend at Valley YMCAs on what to do if a child is drowning.
Tom Herrmann, with Fulton homes, said every family with a pool in the Valley needs to know how to properly perform CPR.
“The first thing that people are going to do is they’re going to go call 911, but you have those couple of minutes while you’re waiting for those experts to show up where you can provide CPR and revive somebody or help them, if help is possible,” he said.
According to Herrmann, 2012 has not been a safe year for people in general — but especially children — around water.
“There have been, as of June 6…58 water-related incidents in the Valley so far in 2012 and 44 of those have involved children,” he said.
The free advice sessions will take place at the YMCAs listed below from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Saturday.
• Ahwatukee Foothills Family YMCA
• Chandler/Gilbert Family YMCA
• Copper Basin Family YMCA
• Desert Foothills Family YMCA
• Glendale/Peoria Family YMCA
• Legacy Foundation-Chris Town YMCA
• Lincoln Family Downtown YMCA
• Maryvale Family YMCA
• Mesa Family YMCA
• Ross Farnsworth-East Valley YMCA
• Scottsdale/Paradise Valley Family YMCA
• South Mountain Family YMCA
• Southwest Valley Family YMCA
• Tempe Family YMCA
For more information on safety tips for your kids around water: fultontwoseconds.com
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments