The newest Arizona wildfire, the Poco Fire, has already burned 1,000 acres about six miles northeast of Young, Arizona.
The fire is zero percent contained, but two hot shot crews, a full crew, four engines and two air tankers were already on-scene.
Five additional hot shot crews and the DC-10 VLAT were also en route to the fire.
Keep an eye on the Poco Fire on the Tonto NF. It has the potential to get real big fast.
— Eric S. Neitzel (@ENeitzel) June 15, 2012
No homes are an immediate danger, the Forest Service said.
The fire is burning in a steep and rugged area.
The fire was first reported Thursday around 2:30 p.m., meaning the fire is burning just shy of 150 acres per hour.
The cause is under investigation.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development