The newest Arizona wildfire, the Poco Fire, has already burned 1,000 acres about six miles northeast of Young, Arizona.
The fire is zero percent contained, but two hot shot crews, a full crew, four engines and two air tankers were already on-scene.
Five additional hot shot crews and the DC-10 VLAT were also en route to the fire.
Keep an eye on the Poco Fire on the Tonto NF. It has the potential to get real big fast.
— Eric S. Neitzel (@ENeitzel) June 15, 2012
No homes are an immediate danger, the Forest Service said.
The fire is burning in a steep and rugged area.
The fire was first reported Thursday around 2:30 p.m., meaning the fire is burning just shy of 150 acres per hour.
The cause is under investigation.
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates