The newest Arizona wildfire, the Poco Fire, has already burned 1,000 acres about six miles northeast of Young, Arizona.
The fire is zero percent contained, but two hot shot crews, a full crew, four engines and two air tankers were already on-scene.
Five additional hot shot crews and the DC-10 VLAT were also en route to the fire.
Keep an eye on the Poco Fire on the Tonto NF. It has the potential to get real big fast.
— Eric S. Neitzel (@ENeitzel) June 15, 2012
No homes are an immediate danger, the Forest Service said.
The fire is burning in a steep and rugged area.
The fire was first reported Thursday around 2:30 p.m., meaning the fire is burning just shy of 150 acres per hour.
The cause is under investigation.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier