PHOENIX — A Phoenix woman was found dead in her home after the woman’s son
made suspicious comments to California law enforcement.
The Arizona Republic reported that Phoenix police
discovered Danette Baxter, 46, in her apartment Monday morning.
Police spokesman Trent Crump said Baxter showed signs of trauma and
investigators are treating her death as a homicide.
The California Highway Patrol said Zachary Baxter, 20, was pulled over late
Sunday in downtown Long Beach for driving with his headlights turned off.
Authorities said Zachary, who was arrested for drug use, told the arresting
officer his mother was dead at home.
Long Beach police then contacted Phoenix authorities.
Phoenix detectives are in Long Beach for their investigation.
Information from: The Arizona Republic, http://www.azcentral.com
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever