SALT LAKE CITY — Father’s Day is approaching, but shopping for Dad might not be very easy, according to SmartMoney.
About 87 percent of dads would rather have dinner with the family than have “a night in the man cave,” according to a recent survey by techbargains.com. Most fathers don’t want another tie, as 65 percent said they would rather get nothing than another tie.
Even though Father’s Day spending is up 10 percent this year, as the average consumer spends $117, many fathers don’t want a day to be about them, according to the National Retail Federation.
“Typically, when it comes to Father’s Day, there’s a lot to be said of men who don’t want to be made a big deal of,” Kathy Grannis, a spokeswoman for NRF, told SmartMoney. “They tell kids, ‘If you’re going to spend money, spend it on your mother.'”
Only 14 percent of fathers said they want automotive accessories for the holiday, according to the NRF survey. In addition, just 18 percent said they want some kind of personal care product.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them