KINGMAN, Ariz. — The Arizona Department of
Transportation is allowing
motorists onto newly constructed lanes on a highly
traveled road between Phoenix
and Las Vegas.
“This will help make the commute a little bit easier for
drivers as they plan their vacations,” said ADOT’s Dustin
Krugel. “Anything we can do to
make the roadway wider and safer is a good thing for
drivers. This should make their commute just go a little
ADOT said new southbound lanes on a seven-mile segment of
U.S. 93 north of
Wikieup are nearly completed.
“This particular stretch is north of Wikieup and it’s a
seven mile stretch,” said Krugel. “Seven
miles of new southbound lanes have been built and the
northbound lanes have been re-paved.”
They said the final stage of the $26 million project,
which includes landscaping
and permanent lane striping, should be finished in July.
According to ADOT, impact on traffic will be minimal.
Transportation officials said they eventually want to
make U.S. 93 a four-lane
divided highway throughout a 200-mile stretch.
Nearly a billion dollars has gone
to widening and improving the highway from Wickenburg to
the Hoover Dam over the
past several years.
ADOT video on the U.S. 93 improvements.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food