KINGMAN, Ariz. — The Arizona Department of
Transportation is allowing
motorists onto newly constructed lanes on a highly
traveled road between Phoenix
and Las Vegas.
“This will help make the commute a little bit easier for
drivers as they plan their vacations,” said ADOT’s Dustin
Krugel. “Anything we can do to
make the roadway wider and safer is a good thing for
drivers. This should make their commute just go a little
ADOT said new southbound lanes on a seven-mile segment of
U.S. 93 north of
Wikieup are nearly completed.
“This particular stretch is north of Wikieup and it’s a
seven mile stretch,” said Krugel. “Seven
miles of new southbound lanes have been built and the
northbound lanes have been re-paved.”
They said the final stage of the $26 million project,
which includes landscaping
and permanent lane striping, should be finished in July.
According to ADOT, impact on traffic will be minimal.
Transportation officials said they eventually want to
make U.S. 93 a four-lane
divided highway throughout a 200-mile stretch.
Nearly a billion dollars has gone
to widening and improving the highway from Wickenburg to
the Hoover Dam over the
past several years.
ADOT video on the U.S. 93 improvements.
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates