The city of Glendale may be working towards an agreement
to keep the Phoenix Coyotes in Glendale, but the city may
be working without all the facts, the Goldwater Institute
“They just voted on a contract they don’t have the
financial justification to explain,” said Starlee Rhoades,
Executive Vice President at the Goldwater Institute on
News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos Show.
According to Rhoades, Glendale approved a deal that is
missing two critical parts in the written contract.
“We know how much the city of Glendale is going to pay to
the guy who is going to buy the team — [Greg] Jamison —
and his company that’s going to run the arena,” she said.
Rhoades said the contract that the Goldwater Institute
received on Monday refers to several exhibits in the
contract, but some of those exhibits were included with
the contract. Those exhibits have not been shown to
Glendale City Council members either.
One missing exhibit missing is a written budget for
Jobing.com Arena. The other missing exhibit details the
performance standards the arena management company is
supposed to meet, including how many events the company
will bring in, the plan for repairs and maintenance and
other requirements. The other missing exhibit missing is a
written budget for Jobing.com Arena.
According to Rhoades, the lack of these documents is a
breach of the open meeting law and public records law in
Arizona, something a judge agreed with.
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again