PHOENIX — It’s summer and that means vacation time.
But 12 percent of American workers said they actually feel guilty that they’re not at work while they’re on vacation.
Careerbuilder.com said 30 percent of workers said they plan to use electronics to take the office with them and work during their vacation.
“I’m shocked it’s not a higher number,” said Michael Hayes of Momentum Specialized Staffing.
“With the amount of business and jobs that were lost in recent years, people are probably more scared about taking a vacation and wondering if they’re even going to have a job if they get back.”
Hayes said that working while on vacation, time management is the key.
“If you have to do something, limit the amount of time and what time of day you’re going to do it,” he said.
“If you’re going to the beach, are you going to take your phone and stare at it all day? That’s not really doing anybody any good.”
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas