PHOENIX — It’s summer and that means vacation time.
But 12 percent of American workers said they actually feel guilty that they’re not at work while they’re on vacation.
Careerbuilder.com said 30 percent of workers said they plan to use electronics to take the office with them and work during their vacation.
“I’m shocked it’s not a higher number,” said Michael Hayes of Momentum Specialized Staffing.
“With the amount of business and jobs that were lost in recent years, people are probably more scared about taking a vacation and wondering if they’re even going to have a job if they get back.”
Hayes said that working while on vacation, time management is the key.
“If you have to do something, limit the amount of time and what time of day you’re going to do it,” he said.
“If you’re going to the beach, are you going to take your phone and stare at it all day? That’s not really doing anybody any good.”
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains