PHOENIX — It’s summer and that means vacation time.
But 12 percent of American workers said they actually feel guilty that they’re not at work while they’re on vacation.
Careerbuilder.com said 30 percent of workers said they plan to use electronics to take the office with them and work during their vacation.
“I’m shocked it’s not a higher number,” said Michael Hayes of Momentum Specialized Staffing.
“With the amount of business and jobs that were lost in recent years, people are probably more scared about taking a vacation and wondering if they’re even going to have a job if they get back.”
Hayes said that working while on vacation, time management is the key.
“If you have to do something, limit the amount of time and what time of day you’re going to do it,” he said.
“If you’re going to the beach, are you going to take your phone and stare at it all day? That’s not really doing anybody any good.”
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever