PHOENIX — It’s summer and that means vacation time.
But 12 percent of American workers said they actually feel guilty that they’re not at work while they’re on vacation.
Careerbuilder.com said 30 percent of workers said they plan to use electronics to take the office with them and work during their vacation.
“I’m shocked it’s not a higher number,” said Michael Hayes of Momentum Specialized Staffing.
“With the amount of business and jobs that were lost in recent years, people are probably more scared about taking a vacation and wondering if they’re even going to have a job if they get back.”
Hayes said that working while on vacation, time management is the key.
“If you have to do something, limit the amount of time and what time of day you’re going to do it,” he said.
“If you’re going to the beach, are you going to take your phone and stare at it all day? That’s not really doing anybody any good.”
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development