It had spots and stripes, but it was no ordinary feline dropped off at the Arizona Humane Society.
It was a baby bobcat.
“Initially everyone in admissions was looking at it as if it was a kitten,” AHS spokeswoman Bretta Nelson said. “But it became very apparent when he opened his mouth and it was not a meow that came out. It was quite a noise.”
A Scottsdale man dropped off the kitten on Tuesday after spending three days bottle-feeding it at his home. He first discovered the animal Saturday, walking along Cave Creek Road near Dynamite Boulevard.
In similar situations, AHS advises baby bobcats be left alone, as often their mothers temporarily leave to find food.
The bobcat is doing well at Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center, where he will eventually be released back into the wild.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl