It had spots and stripes, but it was no ordinary feline dropped off at the Arizona Humane Society.
It was a baby bobcat.
“Initially everyone in admissions was looking at it as if it was a kitten,” AHS spokeswoman Bretta Nelson said. “But it became very apparent when he opened his mouth and it was not a meow that came out. It was quite a noise.”
A Scottsdale man dropped off the kitten on Tuesday after spending three days bottle-feeding it at his home. He first discovered the animal Saturday, walking along Cave Creek Road near Dynamite Boulevard.
In similar situations, AHS advises baby bobcats be left alone, as often their mothers temporarily leave to find food.
The bobcat is doing well at Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center, where he will eventually be released back into the wild.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night