It had spots and stripes, but it was no ordinary feline dropped off at the Arizona Humane Society.
It was a baby bobcat.
“Initially everyone in admissions was looking at it as if it was a kitten,” AHS spokeswoman Bretta Nelson said. “But it became very apparent when he opened his mouth and it was not a meow that came out. It was quite a noise.”
A Scottsdale man dropped off the kitten on Tuesday after spending three days bottle-feeding it at his home. He first discovered the animal Saturday, walking along Cave Creek Road near Dynamite Boulevard.
In similar situations, AHS advises baby bobcats be left alone, as often their mothers temporarily leave to find food.
The bobcat is doing well at Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center, where he will eventually be released back into the wild.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets