Mark Anderson, the former owner of the Tempe Improv, was found dead in a Valley hotel room.
Anderson was found by staff in a Days Inn motel room in Buckeye about 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday.
“One of the cleaning crew had entered a room and discovered a dead body,” said Buckeye Police Lt. Jared Griffith. “Buckeye police officers and detectives responded to the scene. Upon investigating, they determined that the deceased was Mr. Anderson.”
Anderson checked into the hotel on May 21, six days after he was reported missing.
Police did not give a cause of death.
“We always investigate unattended deaths, which is what this was,” said Griffith. “The medical examiners responded to the scene and actually took Mr. Anderson’s body, so they’ll be conducting an autopsy.”
Anderson was last heard from on May 15, when he left Oklahoma City for either Phoenix or Dallas while on a business trip.
Police said the investigation is on-going.
The Improv, slated to permanently close before Anderson went missing, closed on June 1.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl