Mark Anderson, the former owner of the Tempe Improv, was found dead in a Valley hotel room.
Anderson was found by staff in a Days Inn motel room in Buckeye about 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday.
“One of the cleaning crew had entered a room and discovered a dead body,” said Buckeye Police Lt. Jared Griffith. “Buckeye police officers and detectives responded to the scene. Upon investigating, they determined that the deceased was Mr. Anderson.”
Anderson checked into the hotel on May 21, six days after he was reported missing.
Police did not give a cause of death.
“We always investigate unattended deaths, which is what this was,” said Griffith. “The medical examiners responded to the scene and actually took Mr. Anderson’s body, so they’ll be conducting an autopsy.”
Anderson was last heard from on May 15, when he left Oklahoma City for either Phoenix or Dallas while on a business trip.
Police said the investigation is on-going.
The Improv, slated to permanently close before Anderson went missing, closed on June 1.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas