Mark Anderson, the former owner of the Tempe Improv, was found dead in a Valley hotel room.
Anderson was found by staff in a Days Inn motel room in Buckeye about 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday.
“One of the cleaning crew had entered a room and discovered a dead body,” said Buckeye Police Lt. Jared Griffith. “Buckeye police officers and detectives responded to the scene. Upon investigating, they determined that the deceased was Mr. Anderson.”
Anderson checked into the hotel on May 21, six days after he was reported missing.
Police did not give a cause of death.
“We always investigate unattended deaths, which is what this was,” said Griffith. “The medical examiners responded to the scene and actually took Mr. Anderson’s body, so they’ll be conducting an autopsy.”
Anderson was last heard from on May 15, when he left Oklahoma City for either Phoenix or Dallas while on a business trip.
Police said the investigation is on-going.
The Improv, slated to permanently close before Anderson went missing, closed on June 1.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development