MESA, Ariz. — A hauntingly unique Mesa restaurant announced Friday that it would be closing its doors for good.
Monsterland, located on 13th near Main and Center in downtown Mesa, is a horror-themed restaurant that sought to entertain guests along with feeding them.
Originally a haunted house, Monsterland was transformed into a restaurant in April 2012. The owner, Kevin Wynn, in a letter posted on Facebook, the owner said the restaurant was not built to handle the large crowds it attracted.
“We focused on good fresh prepared menu items, Arizona Craft beers, and great service. We struggled at our opening, but am proud to say we have received hundreds of positive reviews and compliments the past 9 months,” the letter read.
Wynn said he is looking for someone to take over the restaurant.
“I just realized that I’m done financially trying to carry this place,” said Wynn, adding that one of the hardest parts of closing the business was laying off the employees.
“We’re like family,” he said.
Unless a new owner is found, Monsterland will shut its doors for good on Jan. 19.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon