Another day, another food-based holiday. This time — at least on Wednesday — it’s National Oyster Day.
Whether you like them grilled, raw or fried, these sea creatures are a staple in many seafood restaurants across the nation. They are also quite delicious.
With the help of Yelp, we compiled a top-five list of the very best restaurants in the Valley to get these delicacies and celebrate this truly historic day.
You can check them out in the slideshow below.
No. 5: Mariscos Playa Hermosa
Get some raw oysters with some lime juice on top at 1605 E. Garfield Street.
No. 4: Angry Crab Shack
Spice up your night with some spicy fried oysters at 2808 E. Indian School Road.
No. 3: Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
If you’re a big oyster fan, this will be one of your favorite restaurants in the Valley at 11051 N. Black Canyon Highway.
No. 2: Bluewater Grill
You’ll be sure to find your way back to this restaurant after eating the oyster appetizer at 1720 E. Camelback Road.
No. 1: Little Cleo’s Seafood Legend
This oyster/wine bar takes the number one spot at 5632 N. Seventh Street.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- State health department says this Arizona flu season not as bad as last
- Arizonans waste $944 of food yearly due to label confusion, survey says
- Arizona Rep. Schweikert says border security will include wall, technology
- California farm recalls cauliflower distributed in Arizona over E. coli fears
- Southern Arizona county sees spike in hepatitis A cases