A young boy with cancer wasn’t able to leave his house much anymore, so neighbors came together to build him a special backyard.
The boy spends a lot of time in his yard and his father made an offhand comment about it needing repairs, which got the project rolling.
The makeover, which took just four days to organize, was a surprise to the boy and his family.
Additions included a fire pit, lawn furniture, and toys for the boy and his friends to play with.
An online gofundme account was created to raise money and businesses donated materials.
The cherry on top was a visit from NHL superstars Sidney Crosby and Nathan MacKinnon.
- Cancer survivors want to ban tanning bed use for minors in Arizona
- Cindy McCain posts photo with husband Sen. John McCain
- Two will likely face animal abuse charges in separate Surprise cases
- Phoenix-area college evacuated after man with guns arrested on campus
- Meghan McCain shares photo of Sen. John McCain at Arizona home