A young boy with cancer wasn’t able to leave his house much anymore, so neighbors came together to build him a special backyard.
The boy spends a lot of time in his yard and his father made an offhand comment about it needing repairs, which got the project rolling.
The makeover, which took just four days to organize, was a surprise to the boy and his family.
Additions included a fire pit, lawn furniture, and toys for the boy and his friends to play with.
An online gofundme account was created to raise money and businesses donated materials.
The cherry on top was a visit from NHL superstars Sidney Crosby and Nathan MacKinnon.
- Aide who mocked McCain’s brain cancer diagnosis out at White House
- Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich: ‘I wouldn’t want to bet against’ McCain
- Many cancer patients juggle care along with financial pain
- National registry for cancer-stricken firefighters stalls in US House
- Brewer: My heart broke after hearing about McCain cancer comment