A young boy with cancer wasn’t able to leave his house much anymore, so neighbors came together to build him a special backyard.
The boy spends a lot of time in his yard and his father made an offhand comment about it needing repairs, which got the project rolling.
The makeover, which took just four days to organize, was a surprise to the boy and his family.
Additions included a fire pit, lawn furniture, and toys for the boy and his friends to play with.
An online gofundme account was created to raise money and businesses donated materials.
The cherry on top was a visit from NHL superstars Sidney Crosby and Nathan MacKinnon.
Bruce St. James & Pamela Hughes
- Phoenix-area man among 5 Marines killed in aircraft crash near Japan
- Surprise police still searching for suspects in 2014 triple murder
- ASU grad hoped to raise ‘a little’ to aid synagogue; nets $1.2 million
- Silver Alert canceled after ailing 85-year-old Surprise man found safe
- Phoenix-area mayor announces resignation at council meeting