A young boy with cancer wasn’t able to leave his house much anymore, so neighbors came together to build him a special backyard.
The boy spends a lot of time in his yard and his father made an offhand comment about it needing repairs, which got the project rolling.
The makeover, which took just four days to organize, was a surprise to the boy and his family.
Additions included a fire pit, lawn furniture, and toys for the boy and his friends to play with.
An online gofundme account was created to raise money and businesses donated materials.
The cherry on top was a visit from NHL superstars Sidney Crosby and Nathan MacKinnon.
Bruce St. James & Pamela Hughes
- Cellphone ban for drivers in Surprise goes into effect Thursday
- Silver Alert canceled for 78-year-old Surprise man with mild dementia
- Meghan McCain gives tribute to father: ‘America was always great’
- Thousands line up to say goodbye to John McCain at US Capitol
- Visitors share stories of late Sen. John McCain at public viewing in Phoenix