Gilbert’s first four-year university is introducing itself to the public Tuesday.
Saint Xavier University is holding a ribbon-cutting and blessing ceremony at 9 a.m. followed by an open house in the evening from 4-7 p.m. The university is located at 92 West Vaughn Way, Near Gilbert Road between Elliot and Guadalupe Roads.
Those interested in the university can tour the facilities, learn about degree offerings and meet the schools mascot, Champ the Cougar. Local Gilbert food trucks will also be on site. The event will be streamed live on Periscope by the Town of Gilbert.
Saint Xavier University is a Catholic institution with its main campus in Chicago. The Gilbert campus will offer undergraduate, graduate and online degree programs in education, business and nursing.
- Arizona House approves extension of Proposition 301, sends to Ducey
- Gilbert company to build land mapping satellite after NASA approval
- Scottsdale school board to meet on fate of administrators on leave
- Arizona Gov. Ducey set to share ‘aggressive’ school safety plan
- Study shows Arizona cities rank among happiest places to live in US