BOISE, Idaho (AP) – An Idaho coroner says kidnapping suspect James Lee DiMaggio died after being hit by six gunshots fired by FBI agents during a rescue in the wilderness this summer.
Valley County Coroner Nathan Hess confirmed Tuesday that the multiple gunshot wounds to DiMaggio’s head, chest and extremities were the cause of death of the 40-year-old California man.
DiMaggio died Aug. 10 after his campsite was spotted in the vast Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness. He became the focus of a massive manhunt for allegedly abducting 16-year-old Hannah Anderson and killing her brother Ethan and her mother Christina at DiMaggio’s home about 65 miles east of San Diego. Hannah Anderson was rescued.
The final autopsy is pending a toxicology report. The death has also been classified as a homicide.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them