Phoenix has improved its position on Forbes’ annual “Best Places for Business and Careers” from last year’s list by 12 positions.
In 2014, they were listed at No. 56 overall and this year they are No. 44. The city peaked on the list in 2012 with they made the top 15.
In the subcategories, Phoenix was listed at No. 121 for cost of doing business, No. 61 in job growth and No. 121 for education. Cost of doing business, the city’s lowest score, did not seem to factor too highly into the overall rankings with none of the top-ranked cost of business cities making the top 100.
The top five cities for business and careers were Denver, Raleigh, North Carolina, Portland, Provo, Utah and Atlanta.
- Phoenix celebrates Chinese New Year with weekend-long festival
- Valley chefs, restaurateur named as James Beard Award semi-finalists
- Amazon sends Phoenix area some love in form of electronics to schools
- Scottsdale’s Beat the Heat race to return in June after five-year hiatus
- Phoenix high school student arrested for bringing loaded gun on campus