Being disabled presents countless obstacles in everyday life.
Simple things can be come monumental tasks while others simply become impossible. Sometimes, it’s hard to maintain hope.
That’s when the Joni and Friends International Disability Center steps in. Founded by a quadriplegic woman, the center seeks to help those with a disability, or their family or friends.
The center puts on two radio shows, a television series, a wheelchair distribution ministry, family retreats and faith-based resources to help the disabled community.
The group accepts online donations.
- Main Street Minute: Burger-chain customers donate to Phoenix hospital
- East Valley non-profit offers free transport to residents who don’t drive
- Arizona cities are caring, but rank low at helping out neighbors
- Main Street Minute: Scottsdale company donates to children’s cause
- Main Street Minute: Santa to visit Phoenix schoolchildren