Americans are overwhelming in the belief that our political system is broken, though it is not clear that they agree on why.
Our guests this week are two prominent recovering Arizona politicians who have ideas about how to fix our system.
Terry Goddard was mayor of Phoenix, the architect of Phoenix’s district system for electing city council persons, Attorney General of Arizona and one-time Democratic nominee for governor and secretary of state.
Paul Johnson was mayor of Phoenix and once a Democratic nominee for governor of Arizona.
Goddard is developing a proposal to require disclosure of “dark money” which is increasingly dominating our political races.
Johnson is developing a proposal to open our primary system to all of the state’s voters.
These are two of the most enduring leaders in recent Arizona history. Tune in and decide for yourself what you think of what they have to say.
The Think Tank airs Sundays from 5-6 p.m. and replays from 9-10 p.m. KTAR News 92.3 FM.
- Gosar, Schweikert among Arizona politicians to vote ‘no’ on spending bill
- Trump signs spending bill after threatening veto over immigration
- Arizona Rep. Gosar tears into $1.3T spending bill
- ASU purchases building near White House for East Coast operations
- Independent could be the ticket for Flake if he runs for president in 2020