CHICAGO (AP) — Farm Aid will have a 30th-anniversary concert featuring Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp, Neil Young and Dave Matthews in Chicago.
Plans were announced Tuesday for the all-day Farm Aid 30 show on Sept. 19. Other performers include Mavis Staples, Kacey Musgraves and Jack Johnson.
Nelson is Farm Aid’s president and founder. He says the event, to be held at FirstMerit Bank Pavilion on Northerly Island along Lake Michigan, will “celebrate the impact we’ve had and rally our supporters for the work ahead.”
The first Farm Aid concert was in 1985 at Memorial Stadium in Champaign. Since then, it has raised $48 million for programs that support farmers. The organization plans meetings with family farmers and farm advocates before the concert to learn about challenges that they face.
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball
- Study shows what music Arizona listens to the most
- Sugar Ray’s Mark McGrath to play free concert in downtown Phoenix
- John Mayer pays tribute to Glen Campbell with ‘Gentle on My Mind’
- This dog absolutely demands to watch the ‘Despacito’ music video