NEW YORK (AP) — Mariah Carey will receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame next week.
The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce announced Monday that Carey will get the 2,556th star on Aug. 5. Guest speakers will include directors Lee Daniels and Brett Ratner, as well as Epic Records CEO and longtime Carey collaborator L.A. Reid.
Carey is one of the most successful acts in music. She has 18 No. 1 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, sold millions of albums and won a number of awards, including five Grammys.
She recently launched a residency in Las Vegas where she performs her No. 1 hits, including “Vision of Love,” ”Hero” and “We Belong Together.”
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Joe Jackson, patriarch of musical Jackson family, dies at 89
- Justin Timberlake to return to Phoenix for second 2018 show
- Country Thunder music festival to kick off in Arizona on Thursday
- Neighbors come together for ‘Neighbor Dance Challenge’
- Your Apple Music or Spotify subscription may cost more soon