NEW YORK (AP) — Mariah Carey will receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame next week.
The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce announced Monday that Carey will get the 2,556th star on Aug. 5. Guest speakers will include directors Lee Daniels and Brett Ratner, as well as Epic Records CEO and longtime Carey collaborator L.A. Reid.
Carey is one of the most successful acts in music. She has 18 No. 1 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, sold millions of albums and won a number of awards, including five Grammys.
She recently launched a residency in Las Vegas where she performs her No. 1 hits, including “Vision of Love,” ”Hero” and “We Belong Together.”
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball
- Study shows what music Arizona listens to the most
- Sugar Ray’s Mark McGrath to play free concert in downtown Phoenix
- John Mayer pays tribute to Glen Campbell with ‘Gentle on My Mind’
- This dog absolutely demands to watch the ‘Despacito’ music video