It’s hard to believe, but next month schools will be starting up again.
It’s a time that is all-too-often hectic with afterschool and weekend activities. In addition, when it’s hot enough outside to sautée a sausage on the sidewalk, you really don’t feel like working out in the heat.
The next couple weeks could be the perfect time to tackle a few easy, indoor, do-it-yourself projects. Here are 15 economical upgrades and maintenance/organization ideas to consider!
1. Install a new, less-noisy garbage disposal.
2. Change the faceplates on your outlets and light switches.
3. Paint the chipped and dirty baseboards throughout the house. Or you could even install new baseboards!
4. Shop for and install a bigger, better TV and get ready for football!
5. Change all your incandescent can lights to LEDs. They’ll be cooler and you don’t even need to change the fixtures.
6. Replace the rubber hoses on your washing machine with braided stainless steel hoses.
7. Install braided stainless steel supply lines on toilets and sinks as well.
Maintenance and organization
1. Wash the inside of the windows.
2. Change the paper filters on the air intakes for your HVAC system.
3. Clean and organize one or all of your closets.
4. Dust the lampshades and the tops of the bookcases and cabinets.
5. Wash the chimneys on your chandeliers and other light fixtures.
6. Clean and reseal your granite and marble countertops.
7. Extend the life of your water heater by draining and flushing the tank.
8. Move the refrigerator away from the wall and vacuum behind it and under it.
For more ideas and help in tackling all your other DIY projects, visit Arizona’s largest collection of homeowner DIY advice and information at RosieontheHouse.com.
Remember, when your home improvement project is bigger and not something you want to tackle yourself, visit our list of Arizona’s very best contractors or service providers for your home improvement projects at RosieontheHouse.com, Arizona’s most-trusted referral network.
Tune in to KTAR News 92.3 FM every Saturday morning from 7-11 a.m. for the Rosie on the House broadcast!
- December's Rosie-do list: It's time to get ready for the Arizona winter
- November's Rosie-do list: Time to get ready for the holidays
- October's Rosie-do List: Keep your home running smoothly this month
- September’s Rosie-do list: Get your veggies, trees and yard ready for fall
- August’s Rosie-do list: Fix the monsoon issues, get ready for fall
- July's Rosie-do list will help you fight bugs brought on by the monsoon
- Ready your home for monsoon season with June's 'Rosie-do' list
- Eight things for homeowners to add to their 'Rosie-do' list for May
- 6 to-do items for your April 'Rosie-do' list
- Your 'Rosie-Do List' for March: Time to start gearing up for summer
- Rosie-Do List for February: Get outdoors to prepare for spring
- Here’s your ‘Rosie-Do List’ for January