NEW YORK (AP) — Taylor Swift has apologized to Nicki Minaj for calling her out on Twitter regarding her MTV Video Music Awards nominations.
Swift tweeted Thursday that she thought she was “being called out” by Minaj. The singer added: “I missed the point, I misunderstood, then misspoke. I’m sorry, Nicki.”
Minaj and Swift traded words Tuesday on Twitter after MTV announced the nominees for the VMAs, where Swift is the leader with nine. Minaj was upset she didn’t earn a nomination for video of the year for “Anaconda,” and launched a series of tweets about how slim women earn top nominations. She didn’t mention any names, but Swift thought the rapper was referring to her.
Minaj is nominated for three awards, including best female video and hip-hop video for “Anaconda.”
Taylor Swift’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/taylorswift13/
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball
- Study shows what music Arizona listens to the most
- Sugar Ray’s Mark McGrath to play free concert in downtown Phoenix
- John Mayer pays tribute to Glen Campbell with ‘Gentle on My Mind’
- This dog absolutely demands to watch the ‘Despacito’ music video