NEW YORK (AP) — Taylor Swift has apologized to Nicki Minaj for calling her out on Twitter regarding her MTV Video Music Awards nominations.
Swift tweeted Thursday that she thought she was “being called out” by Minaj. The singer added: “I missed the point, I misunderstood, then misspoke. I’m sorry, Nicki.”
Minaj and Swift traded words Tuesday on Twitter after MTV announced the nominees for the VMAs, where Swift is the leader with nine. Minaj was upset she didn’t earn a nomination for video of the year for “Anaconda,” and launched a series of tweets about how slim women earn top nominations. She didn’t mention any names, but Swift thought the rapper was referring to her.
Minaj is nominated for three awards, including best female video and hip-hop video for “Anaconda.”
Taylor Swift’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/taylorswift13/
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Arizona’s Stevie Nicks to be inducted into Rock Hall of Fame again
- Metal icons Slayer bringing farewell tour to Phoenix’s Ak-Chin Pavilion
- Tim McGraw, Dierks Bentley to headline Country Thunder Arizona
- Arizona’s Stevie Nicks earns Rock Hall of Fame nomination as solo act
- Odesza, Empire of the Sun to headline McDowell Mountain Music Festival