NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Country star Miranda Lambert jumped on stage and sang at a small club in Nashville, Tennessee, two days after announcing her divorce from husband Blake Shelton.
The Grammy-winning singer was all smiles on Wednesday night as she joined her friend and singer Ashley Monroe in singing, “Heart Like Mine,” which she co-wrote with Monroe.
The show was a preview of Monroe’s forthcoming album, “The Blade,” and country artists including Vince Gill and Phillip Sweet of Little Big Town also populated the small club.
Lambert, 31, and Shelton, 39, announced their divorce Monday after four years of marriage. Lambert spent most of the evening singing along from the crowd, until Monroe invited her up to participate in her encore performance.
Lambert and Shelton are among country’s most popular singers. Both pick up scores of awards annually.
- Study shows what music Arizona listens to the most
- Sugar Ray’s Mark McGrath to play free concert in downtown Phoenix
- John Mayer pays tribute to Glen Campbell with ‘Gentle on My Mind’
- This dog absolutely demands to watch the ‘Despacito’ music video
- Rock on! Phoenix area readying for big concert weekend