CHICAGO (AP) — United Continental Holdings Inc. (UAL) on Thursday reported second-quarter profit of $1.19 billion.
The Chicago-based company said it had net income of $3.14 per share. Earnings, adjusted for non-recurring costs, were $3.31 per share.
The results topped Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of 10 analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for earnings of $3.29 per share.
The airline posted revenue of $9.91 billion in the period, which missed Street forecasts. Seven analysts surveyed by Zacks expected $10.02 billion.
United shares have decreased 15 percent since the beginning of the year. The stock has climbed 30 percent in the last 12 months.
This story was generated by Automated Insights (http://automatedinsights.com/ap) using data from Zacks Investment Research. Access a Zacks stock report on UAL at http://www.zacks.com/ap/UAL
Keywords: United Continental, Earnings Report, Priority Earnings
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 5 safety pitfalls putting your business at risk
- Keeping outdoor workers safe in the scorching desert heat
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees