LOS ANGELES (AP) — Miley Cyrus is twerking back to the MTV Video Music Awards as the show’s host.
The 25-year-old singer-actress revealed on her social media accounts Monday that she’s helming the Aug. 30 ceremony.
Cyrus announced the gig by posting a photo of herself in an alien costume with sandwich boards that read “MTV won’t let me perform” and “so I’m hosting this year’s VMAs.”
A scantily clad Cyrus shocked audiences with a rump-shaking performance alongside Robin Thicke at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards.
Cyrus won the video of the year trophy at last year’s show and invited a young homeless man named Jesse Helt on stage to accept the trophy on her behalf.
The 2015 MTV Video Music Awards will air live on MTV from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Study shows what music Arizona listens to the most
- Sugar Ray’s Mark McGrath to play free concert in downtown Phoenix
- John Mayer pays tribute to Glen Campbell with ‘Gentle on My Mind’
- This dog absolutely demands to watch the ‘Despacito’ music video
- Rock on! Phoenix area readying for big concert weekend