LOS ANGELES (AP) — Miley Cyrus is twerking back to the MTV Video Music Awards as the show’s host.
The 25-year-old singer-actress revealed on her social media accounts Monday that she’s helming the Aug. 30 ceremony.
Cyrus announced the gig by posting a photo of herself in an alien costume with sandwich boards that read “MTV won’t let me perform” and “so I’m hosting this year’s VMAs.”
A scantily clad Cyrus shocked audiences with a rump-shaking performance alongside Robin Thicke at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards.
Cyrus won the video of the year trophy at last year’s show and invited a young homeless man named Jesse Helt on stage to accept the trophy on her behalf.
The 2015 MTV Video Music Awards will air live on MTV from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Joe Jackson, patriarch of musical Jackson family, dies at 89
- Justin Timberlake to return to Phoenix for second 2018 show
- Country Thunder music festival to kick off in Arizona on Thursday
- Neighbors come together for ‘Neighbor Dance Challenge’
- Your Apple Music or Spotify subscription may cost more soon