NEW YORK (AP) — The Home Depot Inc. is buying Interline Brands Inc., which distributes maintenance and repair products, for just under $1.63 billion in cash.
The deal is expected to close by November and to add to Home Depot’s earnings in the current financial year.
Jacksonville, Florida-based Interline is a national distributor and direct marketer of maintenance and repair products. The company serves more than 175,000 customer locations.
Atlanta-based Home Depot said the purchase will help address the needs of the home-improvement retailer’s professional customers.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 5 safety pitfalls putting your business at risk
- Keeping outdoor workers safe in the scorching desert heat
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees