Jah Cure, “The Cure” (VP Records)
Jah Cure, one of Jamaica’s most talented contemporary artists, brings musical therapy to your ears with his latest album, “The Cure.”
Cure, who co-produced the album, branches out of his comfort zone with a mix of reggae and lovers rock infused with pop and R&B elements.
The 13-track record features the dancehall anthem “Life We Live” — where Cure encourages listeners to “turn the world off and turn the music on” — as well as his impressive cover of John Legend’s No. 1 hit, “All of Me.”
Cure sings from the heart throughout the album: “Set Me Free” is a sweet groove; “Show Love” is tender; and “That Girl” features his captivating vocals.
“The Cure” showcases an evolved sound from Cure’s previous albums, and his poetic messages of empowerment and love make this a classic.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Joe Jackson, patriarch of musical Jackson family, dies at 89
- Justin Timberlake to return to Phoenix for second 2018 show
- Country Thunder music festival to kick off in Arizona on Thursday
- Neighbors come together for ‘Neighbor Dance Challenge’
- Your Apple Music or Spotify subscription may cost more soon