DETROIT (AP) — A representative of Kid Rock says it’s been years since the musician displayed the Confederate flag while on tour.
Comments from publicist Nick Stern to the Detroit Free Press (http://on.freep.com/1fKUNbS ) came after calls by an activist group for General Motors to cut financial ties with Kid Rock if he displays the flag onstage.
Stern says: “It’s been more than five years since he’s had that flag on tour” and adds that protests are over “something he’s not even doing.”
Detroit-based GM said Tuesday it’ll continue its sponsorship of Kid Rock’s summer concert tour. Members of the National Action Network are scheduled to meet Thursday with representatives from GM’s Chevrolet brand.
The Confederate flag spurred protests following last month’s massacre of nine black worshippers at a church in Charleston, South Carolina.
Information from: Detroit Free Press, http://www.freep.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.