LONDON (AP) — The 15-year-old son of Australian singer Nick Cave has died after falling from a cliff on England’s south coast.
In a statement, Cave and his wife Susie said “our son Arthur died on Tuesday evening. He was our beautiful, happy loving boy.”
They asked that the family be given privacy to grieve.
Sussex Police said the teenager was found on a path below the cliff at Ovingdean Gap in Brighton on Tuesday with “life-threatening injuries.” He died later at a hospital in Brighton, about 50 miles (80 kilometers) south of London.
The force said Wednesday the death was not being treated as suspicious.
Nick Cave formed Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds in Melbourne in 1983, and has had a successful career as a singer, composer and actor.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Study shows what music Arizona listens to the most
- Sugar Ray’s Mark McGrath to play free concert in downtown Phoenix
- John Mayer pays tribute to Glen Campbell with ‘Gentle on My Mind’
- This dog absolutely demands to watch the ‘Despacito’ music video
- Rock on! Phoenix area readying for big concert weekend