BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Rapper DMX has been sentenced to serve six months in an upstate New York jail for failing to pay child support.
The Erie County Sheriff’s Office says the 44-year-old rapper whose real name is Earl Simmons was placed in the Erie County Holding Center in Buffalo on Tuesday.
A spokesman for the New York City Sheriff’s Office tells WPIX-TV that DMX was arrested right before his scheduled performance at Radio City Music Hall on June 26 in New York City for several “issues outstanding.”
Those issues included $400,000 worth of unpaid child support, a warrant issued by the city of White Plains for bail jumping and a robbery complaint out of Newark, New Jersey. No charges have been filed in the Newark case.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Study shows what music Arizona listens to the most
- Sugar Ray’s Mark McGrath to play free concert in downtown Phoenix
- John Mayer pays tribute to Glen Campbell with ‘Gentle on My Mind’
- This dog absolutely demands to watch the ‘Despacito’ music video
- Rock on! Phoenix area readying for big concert weekend