NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Joey Feek, of the husband-and-wife country duo Joey and Rory, is recovering after surgery to treat a recurrence of cervical cancer.
Band manager Aaron Carnahan said Friday that the singer underwent surgery on Thursday at the Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Chicago and said she was doing “great.”
The couple, who have a daughter together, announced last year that Joey underwent surgery after the initial diagnosis, but they learned this summer that the cancer had returned.
Rory Feek wrote in a blog post on Thursday about putting his faith in God and prayer.
“And all around the country, thousands of people are praying for her,” Feek wrote. “They’re taking time out of their busy lives and days and lifting Joey up to the Lord in love, asking for healing.”
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball
- Study shows what music Arizona listens to the most
- Sugar Ray’s Mark McGrath to play free concert in downtown Phoenix
- John Mayer pays tribute to Glen Campbell with ‘Gentle on My Mind’
- This dog absolutely demands to watch the ‘Despacito’ music video