NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Joey Feek, of the husband-and-wife country duo Joey and Rory, is recovering after surgery to treat a recurrence of cervical cancer.
Band manager Aaron Carnahan said Friday that the singer underwent surgery on Thursday at the Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Chicago and said she was doing “great.”
The couple, who have a daughter together, announced last year that Joey underwent surgery after the initial diagnosis, but they learned this summer that the cancer had returned.
Rory Feek wrote in a blog post on Thursday about putting his faith in God and prayer.
“And all around the country, thousands of people are praying for her,” Feek wrote. “They’re taking time out of their busy lives and days and lifting Joey up to the Lord in love, asking for healing.”
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Joe Jackson, patriarch of musical Jackson family, dies at 89
- Justin Timberlake to return to Phoenix for second 2018 show
- Country Thunder music festival to kick off in Arizona on Thursday
- Neighbors come together for ‘Neighbor Dance Challenge’
- Your Apple Music or Spotify subscription may cost more soon