NEW YORK (AP) — Beyonce, Pearl Jam and Coldplay will perform at the 2015 Global Citizen Festival in New York’s Central Park in September.
They will join Ed Sheeran at the Sept. 26 event on the Great Lawn, organizers announced Thursday.
Beyonce made a surprise appearance onstage last year when Jay Z closed the free event.
The fourth annual concert will air on MSNBC and stream on iHeartRadio and Tidal. Past performers include Stevie Wonder, Neil Young, Alicia Keys, Foo Fighters and Carrie Underwood.
Fans can earn free tickets by taking actions to end poverty on globalcitizen.org. The concert is timed to coincide with the U.N. General Assembly meeting.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball
- Study shows what music Arizona listens to the most
- Sugar Ray’s Mark McGrath to play free concert in downtown Phoenix
- John Mayer pays tribute to Glen Campbell with ‘Gentle on My Mind’
- This dog absolutely demands to watch the ‘Despacito’ music video