WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (AP) — Multiplatinum-selling Josh Groban will sing during the opening night ceremony at the U.S. Open tennis tournament.
The U.S. Tennis Association says Thursday that Groban will perform songs off his recent album “Stages.”
Former tennis star Billie Jean King, who won 18 Grand Slam singles titles, will participate in the ceremony, too.
The year’s last Grand Slam tennis tournament starts Aug. 31 in New York.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tempe’s Innings Festival to blend music, food and baseball
- Singer Tom Petty dies at 66 after suffering cardiac arrest
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball
- Study shows what music Arizona listens to the most
- Sugar Ray’s Mark McGrath to play free concert in downtown Phoenix