CHICAGO (AP) — A performance that the Grateful Dead says was their last together has topped records for ticket sales at Chicago’s Soldier Field set by the band earlier in the weekend.
In a news release, Soldier Field says 71,000 tickets were sold for Sunday night’s show and that this is the most sold for any event at the stadium. Soldier Field reported that 70,844 tickets were sold for Saturday’s show, and that fans bought 70,764 tickets for Friday’s show.
Soldier Field says the previous record was 67,936 tickets sold for a U2 concert in 2009.
The band has said the Chicago shows would be their last as the Grateful Dead.
- Study shows what music Arizona listens to the most
- Sugar Ray’s Mark McGrath to play free concert in downtown Phoenix
- John Mayer pays tribute to Glen Campbell with ‘Gentle on My Mind’
- This dog absolutely demands to watch the ‘Despacito’ music video
- Rock on! Phoenix area readying for big concert weekend