CHICAGO (AP) — A performance that the Grateful Dead says was their last together has topped records for ticket sales at Chicago’s Soldier Field set by the band earlier in the weekend.
In a news release, Soldier Field says 71,000 tickets were sold for Sunday night’s show and that this is the most sold for any event at the stadium. Soldier Field reported that 70,844 tickets were sold for Saturday’s show, and that fans bought 70,764 tickets for Friday’s show.
Soldier Field says the previous record was 67,936 tickets sold for a U2 concert in 2009.
The band has said the Chicago shows would be their last as the Grateful Dead.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Joe Jackson, patriarch of musical Jackson family, dies at 89
- Justin Timberlake to return to Phoenix for second 2018 show
- Country Thunder music festival to kick off in Arizona on Thursday
- Neighbors come together for ‘Neighbor Dance Challenge’
- Your Apple Music or Spotify subscription may cost more soon