Here are the government’s rankings of the leading airlines and their on-time performance for May. The federal government counts a flight as on time if it arrives within 14 minutes of schedule.
1. Hawaiian Airlines, 90.9 percent
2. Alaska Airlines, 88.0 percent
3. Delta Air Lines, 87.2 percent
4. US Airways, 84.5 percent
5. JetBlue Airways, 84.3 percent
6. SkyWest, 82.1 percent
7. Southwest Airlines, 78.6 percent
8. American Airlines, 78.3 percent
9. ExpressJet, 77.6 percent
10. Envoy Air, 77.1 percent
11. United Airlines, 76.6 percent
12. Virgin America, 76.0 percent
13. Frontier Airlines, 73.1 percent
14. Spirit Airlines, 61.2 percent
Total for all reporting airlines: 80.5 percent
Source: U.S. Department of Transportation
The department also reported American and US Airways together as 80.9 percent. Both airlines and Envoy Air are owned by American Airlines Group Inc. The report does not cover smaller airlines including Allegiant Air and many regional carriers.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.